Thursday, September 5, 2013

Posto

My coworker S and I are obsessed with Posto.  Conveniently located just a five minute drive from where we work, we often find ourselves heading there after a long day when we need to drown our 9-5 sorrows in large glasses of wine or gossip about workplace drama while stuffing ourselves with carbs.  While the food is delicious (and I'll get to that), one of the reasons why I also love Posto is the atmosphere.  It feels more upscale than a lot of places in the area, but there is also a cozy, friendly, and relaxed vibe, like you're sitting down to dinner in the home of your fabulous Italian grandma.


And what's the first thing that you need when you go to visit your fabulous Italian nonna?  A fabulous Italian cocktail, obviously.  Luckily, Posto always has just the thing.  They switch up their cocktail menu seasonally and S and I both went for a drink that screamed summer:   the Vespa.
I could have downed a bucket of these.  Cucumber vodka, basil, lime and prosecco came together to make the perfect zippy drink.  I've always been disappointed by cucumber cocktails that I've tried in the past but this proved to be the perfect combination of flavors...sweet, tangy, and smooth.























As for the food, S and I always start off with the bruschetta (pronounce it in the Italian way:  "brooo-skett-ttaa" or S will get mad at you) which is a dream.  Seriously, S and I talk about how fabulous this bruschetta is so much that I'm pretty sure our other coworkers think it's a code word for something much more scandalous.


















































Starting to drool yet?

For our main, we decided to split a pizza so that we could save room for dessert (very important at this place, trust me).  We chose the Caponata pizza with goat cheese, cured grapes, pine nuts, eggplant, and tomato conserva.  We weren't sure how all the different toppings would mesh together but we were not disappointed.  The eggplant was the perfect texture, the grapes were unique, and the goat cheese, tomato conserva and pine nuts were bursting with mouth-watering flavor.
























I think that we were both sad to see the last crumb disappear, but we consoled ourselves by moving on to dessert.  S plumped for the peach crostata, which was glorious.  The crostata was doughy and not super sweet so it provided the perfect carby complement to the gelato and peaches.
I went for the affogato.  Hazelnut gelato doused in hot espresso and biscotti for dunking.  Need I say more?

A much-needed pick-me-up after a loooong day at work.  I'm already planning our next trip back.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment