Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Benny's Burritos

On a recent Monday, S and I met up for dinner in the West Village.  Having both agreed early on in our friendship that the best sort of Mondays are Margarita Mondays, we felt as if we really had no choice but to go for Mexican.  Luckily, S knew of a great little spot on Greenwich Avenue called Benny's Burritos.  We wasted no time and started off with massive margaritas (a frozen strawberry marg for her and a frozen fruit punch marg for me) and chips and salsa.


Now that the tequila was flowing, we could sit back, relax, catch up, and admire the restaurant's colorful and eclectic decor.






















This place just oozes relaxed fun, as every good Mexican joint should, and I don't know how anyone could eat here and not instantly be put in a good mood.



While I'm usually more of a taco girl, I felt that ordering a burrito was the way to go in a place called Benny's Burritos, and S fully supported this choice.  The cool thing about the menu is that you can customize nearly every aspect of your burrito, from the type of tortilla to all the fillings. (There are also tacos, quesadillas, and salads on offer, if those are more your style.)

I went for a tomatillo chicken burrito with a whole wheat tortilla, jack cheese, pinto beans, brown rice, and guacamole, of course.
 And like the margs, the burritos are HUGE.  I actually ended up taking half of it home, and y'all should know by now that I am nothing if not a ridiculously good eater, so that's saying something. 

As S and I lingered over our margaritas, we chatted about current events, sidewalk scams, and brainstormed ideas on how to take the blogging world by storm.   I'm not sure that we came up with any definitive answers on that last one, but I think we both agreed that, as with all good plans, guacamole would have to be involved.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment