Friday, December 13, 2013

An Evening with Kate Spade and Tapeo

Last Wednesday night, GK and I met up and went to our local Kate Spade store for an evening of sips, snacks, and holiday shopping.  As soon as we arrived, we were whisked into a world of pink champagne, glitter, and golden baubles as a dj played and a huge crowd ogled the lovely bags, jewels, and clothes.  


We slowly made our way through the rooms, admiring all the shiny things and bold colors as waiters whirled by, offering us mini cupcakes, cake pops, and making sure that our glasses of bubbly never got too empty.  I could definitely get used to shopping like this.



GK getting frisky with a pretty little clutch.
























After adding nearly everything in the store to our fantasy Christmas lists and downing a delightful amount of champagne, we said goodbye to Kate and headed off down a festive-looking Newbury Street in search of dinner.

 It didn't take us long to decide on Tapeo, one of our favorite Newbury Street haunts.  A Spanish-style tapas restaurant, Tapeo serves delicious small plates and makes you feel cozy and welcome with its low lighting and laid back yet sophisticated atmosphere.  I highly recommend the red sangria, but it was a cold night and GK and I were in the mood for something slightly more robust, so we ordered a bottle of Malbec to start things off.
All of the small plates on the menu looked amazing, and we of course had our old favorites, but we decided to be adventurous and try all new dishes.  First we ordered the artichoke and goat cheese crostini from the specials menu,
followed by another special:  pork belly served with carrots and potatoes.
I don't know why it took me so long to discover pork belly, and now that I have, I think that I will pass on all other parts of the pig.  Sooooo rich, fatty, and delicious.  For our third and final main course dish, we opted for the chicken empanadas.























All of the dishes tasted amazing and we were glad that we had tried something new.  Each dish was a plate of flavorful comfort food, but since the portions were small, we got to skip the guilt.  For dessert, we couldn't resist going back to an old standby though, and ordered our usual:  churros with chocolate sauce.
























Wonderfully full of food and wine, GK and I headed back to Cambridge and then said goodnight.  I went  home, was soon nestled all snug in my bed, and then visions of glittery baubles, pork belly, and churros danced in my head.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment