Monday, August 12, 2013

July Recap, Part One

I can't believe that it's mid-August already!  July flew by in a blur of weddings, travel, puppies, and visits from friends and family.  I'll try to give you the shortened version of the story:

First up was my trip home to PA to attend the wedding of my oldest friend, J.  She got married in a rustic country setting on a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I've never seen her looking happier, or more gorgeous.  Just look at the back of that dress!
























(And yes, that's a dessert buffet that they're standing in front of.  GLORIOUS.) A good time was had by all, including my parents who were also invited since they've also known J forever and our moms were friends and car-pool buddies while pregnant with the two of us.























Aren't they cute?

J organized her special day in only a few months, and I was blown away by all the thoughtful details and cute touches that she included.  I am so happy that I could make the trip home for her wedding and it was so nice to see two wonderful people start their married lives together.  See how excited I was?




























After recovering from Saturday's festivities, I spent the next few days relaxing with my parents and doing the things that I love to do when I go home:  eating, porch-sitting, and cuddling with puppies.  First, the eating!

 A trip to PA just wouldn't be complete without a Sunday afternoon outing to Dairy Queen with my parents.  There isn't one nearby in Boston, so it is a treat to stop by and grab a blizzard when I'm home.  I usually go for the Chocolate Xtreme.  I take my chocolate very seriously, so it had better be extreme.

We also went to my mom and dad's favorite country restaurant (I'd tell you the name but then my parents would have to kill me for sharing their secret) which has delicious comfort breakfast food at ridiculously cheap prices.  I think that my scrumptious veggie omelet was about $5.   It's enough to make a Bostonian weep.

























Mom went for the chocolate chip pancakes which were also divine, and Dad had eggs, homefries, and scrapple (a PA specialty).

























That's my dad's "stop-taking-my-picture-so-I-can-eat-this-in-peace" face.

The rest of the visit was mostly spent lounging on my parents' newly finished screened-in porch, enjoying the view and the quiet country air and the fact that there was nothing to do.































There may have also been a lot of cuddling with these adorable ragamuffins:





That's Daisy's "stop-taking-my-picture-and-feed-me!" face.

Pretty soon, it was time to catch the train back to Boston, because July was rolling on.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment