Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Le Baguette

I've been really into bread lately.  And by "lately," I mean the past 26 years.  One of my like-minded coworkers and I even joke about how, if we were ever thrown in jail and sentenced to having meals of only bread and water (like they used to do to people in old, romantical times), we'd be cool with it.   However, I have to admit, I'd be even happier if I had to finish out my days eating bread topped with this bruschetta.  It's so simple and takes no time at all to make.  But since it's also so colorful and zesty, it feels and tastes fancy.


 I used part of a baguette and some Trader Joe's Rustico bread, just to mix it up. 

























If you're like me and pile so much bruschetta on your bread that it falls off before you can get it into your mouth, than you'll probably finish your bruschetta before you've made it through your entire baguette.  Letting good carbs go to waste is one of the saddest things I can think of, so I recommend piling on some avocado, a bit of pepper, and a good squeeze of lemon juice.

Toast the bread a bit first in a buttered pan, and then smother on the goodness! 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment